The other day I was surfing the web just browsing for info when I ran across this site: https://gardensavvy.com and noticed they had their own website search engine with answers and thought, I should give this a shot, and boy was I excited at the answers it gave and the prospects it would influence for future generations of Gardeners and Landscapers...
My first question was: Can I add nitrogen in the summer heat?
And here was my response within 5 seconds:
Of course! Adding nitrogen fertilizer during the hot month of August can be beneficial for your plants. Nitrogen is an essential nutrient for plant growth, promoting healthy foliage and overall development. Just keep in mind a few tips:
1. Water adequately: Ensure your plants are well-watered before applying the nitrogen fertilizer. This will help prevent any potential fertilizer burn and ensure proper absorption.
2. Follow recommended dosage: Read the instructions on your fertilizer package and follow the recommended dosage. Over-fertilizing can harm your plants, so it's always better to stick to the recommended amounts.
3. Apply in the cooler part of the day: It is best to apply the fertilizer during the cooler morning or evening hours to minimize stress on your plants.
Remember, every plant has specific needs, so it's always a good idea to research the particular requirements of the plants you're fertilizing. Enjoy nurturing your plants and watching them thrive! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
I had a few minor issues with the answer, but overall it's pretty spot on.
1. I always recommend you fertilize as late as you can in the evening, the plants open up after the sun goes down and are more receptive to accepting food and water and they have the late night, early morning hours to absorb and retain before sun and heat can suck up the nutrients etc; Many of our large scale farmers and some landscapers wait until after midnight to feed corn, sorgum, milo, turf, haygrazer etc; and want to be through by 4 am to give the plants plenty of chances, but that's hard to do if you live where those bright lights may get you calls from the neighbors! LOL
2. I should have clarified my question (lesson learned) and asked, "can I apply liquid nitrogen fertilizer during the summer heat?" in which case pre-watering would be less of an issue, that's on me, not the answer engine...
If you are curious how AI works and how we may be able to benefit, I have put together the following, I hope it helps.
According to the search results from the
search_the_web tools, here is what I found about how AI answers questions:
AI Can Help You Ask Better Questions — and Solve Bigger Problems: Algorithms can provide immediate answers to questions that leaders pose, allowing them to ask more questions. Source
AI Question Answering [FREE APP] - AI-Powered SEO • WordLift: AI question-answering tools use AI to extract relevant questions from URLs and provide answers. Source
How artificial intelligence has answered the UnGoogleable Question: AI can report back on existing knowledge and answer most multiple-choice questions. Source
iAsk.Ai (i Ask AI) - Free AI Search Engine: iAsk.Ai is an advanced free AI search engine that enables users to ask any question and receive an instant, accurate, and factual answer.
How does an AI like ChatGPT answer a question?: ChatGPT, a large language model, is good at stringing together words to respond to questions.
How Does ChatGPT Work? How Can ChatGPT Answer?: ChatGPT uses feedback to improve its ability to answer questions accurately and more like how a human would respond.
Based on the information gathered, AI receives a question as input, uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand the question, and generates a response in the form of an answer. AI models can provide different responses based on the context, phrasing, and quality of the input. Machine perception enables AI to process sensory information similar to humans. AI works by combining large data sets with intuitive processing algorithms. It learns behavior patterns within the data set to generate responses.
Please note that the information provided is based on the search results from the mentioned tools, and the sources cited should be referred to for more detailed information.
Back to my original thought, How can AI help future generations of farmers, gardeners, landscapers and the like?
These are just a few examples of how artificial intelligence is being used to benefit farmers, gardeners, and landscapers. The use of AI in agriculture is still an evolving field with many potential applications. I hope this information is as enlightening and informative for you as much as it was myself...and while you may be thinking, this guy is really smart! Know that most of this was written by my new friend, Ai...... Ya'll Keep Growin!